Donate the greatest gift of all—your time. Perhaps the most important need of the Christian School Association of Greater Harrisburg is finding dedicated volunteers who commit themselves to seeing the vision and mission of our schools fulfilled.
There are many different ways to be involved:
- HCS Parent-Teacher Organization ("Knights PTO")
- WSCA Parent-Teacher Organization ("CATS" - Community and Teachers Serving)
- Athletics - Drivers and Concessions
- Fine Arts - Festival Participation and Musical
- Classroom Volunteers
- Special Events - R.A.C.E. and Gala
- Advisory Groups
- And so much more!
For more information on the many ways to volunteer, please contact Jennifer Meckes, CSAGH Volunteer Coordinator, email [email protected] or call 717-545-3728. Your time, talents and treasures are extremely valuable to us - they have a great purpose in the advancement of our mission. Thank you!
Required Background Clearances for All Volunteers:
Adults applying for or holding an unpaid position as a volunteer with a child care service, a school or a program, activity or service responsible for the child’s welfare or having direct volunteer contact with children will need clearances.
Clearance reports shall be no more than five (5) years old at the time of volunteering. Please provide the following documents:
- State Police Criminal History Record Register for PA Police Check
- Child Abuse History Clearance: As a volunteer applicant, you are permitted to receive one certification free of charge every 57 months. Register for Child Abuse Clearance
- Federal Criminal History Record - FBI Report* OR CSAGH School Volunteer Overview and Waiver
*An FBI background check is not required if you (1) are not being paid AND (2) have been a Pennsylvania resident for the past 10 years. If you do not meet both requirements, please obtain report and fingerprints by visiting IdentoGO.
Click here for step-by-step instructions for how to complete your clearances.
Please check with your school receptionist to see if you are on the approved list of volunteers. In order to be cleared to volunteer, you will need to send copies of all of your background results and certificates to the Human Resources department, [email protected], or hand in physical copies at the main office.
You are required to keep copies of your clearances for your own records. Please do not hand in your only copy to the school.