Why do we need your support? Over the past 25 years, the cost of education has outpaced inflation 2 to 1. In the same time period, the rate of inflation has outpaced the growth of wages 2 to 1. In short, families have less to spend on the ever-increasing cost of a quality education. Public schools in the Harrisburg area average spending of over $15,000 per student, not including maintenance, transportation, buildings & grounds, equipment, and construction.
Why do we offer scholarships? Harrisburg Christian School believes that Christian discipleship and academic preparation in a God-honoring environment is a necessity for children and is the responsibility of the Christian community to provide. As Dennis Rainey, President of Family Life Today, said, “Our children are a messenger to a time and place we will not see.” We equip our students for that time and place.
How can you help support our schools?
- By Cash or Check: Please make checks payable to the Christian School Association of Greater Harrisburg, Harrisburg Christian School, or West Shore Christian Academy.
- By PayPal: Donate online at our secure PayPal site by clicking the button at the top of this page. You do not need a PayPal account to use this service.
- By Sale of Assets (i.e. Stocks, Bonds, Land, etc.): Please contact the Advancement Office at 717-545-3728 or email [email protected] for more details.
- Through the United Way: Typically 70% of the funds given to the United Way are undesignated. If you or your employer is involved in giving through the United Way campaign, you may designate your funds to be given directly to Harrisburg Christian School.
- Through an Educational Improvement Tax Credit (EITC): Redirect your state tax dollars to scholarships, business and individuals are eligible. For more information about Education Tax Credits click here or contact the Advancement Office at 717-545-3728, [email protected].