Private Christian High School in Harrisburg
In preparing our students to impact the world for Christ, Harrisburg Christian School’s high school program provides rigorous academic courses, discipling towards genuine and mature faith in Jesus Christ, and a host of extracurricular and service opportunities.
Harrisburg Christian School has a wide variety of engaging courses to challenge our students.
Students must satisfy the requirements below in order to be eligible for graduation from Harrisburg Christian School:
- Bible, 4 credits
- English, 4 credits
- Science, 3 credits
- Math, 3 credits
- History, 3 credits
- Senior Sociology, 1 credit
- Fine Arts, 1 credit
- Physical Education / Health, 2 credits
- Computer Science, 0.5 credits
- Electives, 3.5 credits
Total: 25 Credits
Students are encouraged to take advanced courses (i.e. Dual Enrollment Courses, AP Courses, Pre-Calculus, Spanish IV, Statistics, Physics, Digital Graphics, and Pre-AP Art). Taking challenging courses is the best preparation for standardized testing (i.e. SAT and ACT), college coursework, and employment responsibilities. College-bound students, even those not majoring in mathematical or scientific fields of study, are highly encouraged to take a fourth year in science and a fourth-year in math.
A College and Career-Focused Private Christian High School
Harrisburg Christian School’s High School program prepares students for success in their careers while deepening their faith in God. The HCS High School is a private, college preparatory school that boosts students’ intellect, talents, and faith. As an ACSI accredited school, HCS challenges students to perform to the best of their abilities for the glory of God. We offer small class sizes, so every student receives the attention and individualized care they deserve.
Along with taking rigorous academic courses, HCS scholars are challenged to participate in service-learning opportunities in the community. Harrisburg Christian School offers:
- A Dual Enrollment Program: Harrisburg Christian School’s Dual Enrollment Program allows scholars to take college courses while still in high school.
- Advanced Placement (AP) courses: AP courses allow students to enter college with advanced standing. AP courses are college-level classes meant to inspire students to realize future goals.
- Service-learning projects: HCS offers a senior class mission trip, day of service, and service-learning co-curricular experiences in a field of interest.
- Online courses: With the approval of the Principal, students are allowed to take coursework through CAOLA, or the Capital Area Online Learning Association.
- Athletic opportunities: Student-athletes at HCS receive individual honors for athletic performance.
How Our Electives Supplement Student Learning
High school students at Harrisburg Christian School partially choose their learning path through electives. Electives allow scholars to explore new hobbies and develop desirable skills. With electives, students can:
- Supplement their curriculum
- Prepare for a college education
- Earn credits toward their diploma
- Prepare for their careers
Students Are Challenged to Be Their Best Selves
At Harrisburg Christian School, our High School program prepares students for college and beyond. Standardized test scores for the SAT, TerraNova and DIBELS at HCS are above the national averages. Our core values include:
Contact Harrisburg Christian School Admissions Today
When looking for private Christian high schools near Harrisburg, you can trust HCS for your child’s education. HCS provides Christ-centered education that sharpens the mind, deepens faith, and develops talents. If you’re looking for an accredited Christian High School near Harrisburg or Hershey, Harrisburg Christian School may be the place for you. If you’d like an individualized tour of our campus in Linglestown, PA, before applying online, reach out to HCS today!
We look forward to meeting you and servicing your child’s academic and spiritual needs.